If you’re a frequent tablet user, you very well understand the importance of tablet stands. Not having one consigns you to holding up the tablet or looking at it flat on a surface. Most people will find this uncomfortable, and so after purchasing a tablet (or smartphone) will go in search of a great tablet stand that suits their budget and needs.
After hours of research and lots of tablet-angle adjusting, we have decided on the top four stands of 2018. We have done the research necessary to give you a variety of models and price points to choose from.
What kinds of tablet stands are there?
The most common kinds are tabletop stands, stand-alone floor stands, and mounted stands. There are also some stands that can clip onto surfaces and be moved around with a “gooseneck” cord, much like a lamp.
Where can I buy a tablet stand?
There are plenty of options on Amazon, but you can also get them at many local electronics outlets. Sometimes mobile outlets will carry them, as well. There is also usually the option to buy from the tablet stand maker direct.
How much do tablet stands cost?
It depends on the material they are made out of and the size of the stand. Tabletop stands tend to be the cheapest. Floor stand-alone stands are the most expensive. The price can range from less than $10 to hundreds of dollars.
How We Reviewed
There is a varied market in tablet stands. Frankly, there are even varied kinds of tablet stands, so we tried to take into consideration different tablet stand setups (table top, stand-alone, floor-mounted) in order to give a well-rounded view of what’s out there on the market.
We also wanted to cater to a variety of different price points. Some people are looking for a quick and easy way to prop up their tablet to the right level; others are looking to make a long-term investment. There are budget-minded tablet holders, and those that are definitely designed to last a lifetime. We tried out both kinds to try and serve the needs of our readers.
We had an eye not just on price, but on value. Whether your budget is small or large, you want a product that will get the job done right and not fall apart on its first or second use. Even for the more budget-minded models here, they are made of quality that far surpasses their price. For the more expensive models, these are picks that we feel are certainly worth your money.
Overall Price Range of the Product
As mentioned in the FAQs, the price range of tablet stands really depends on the kind of tablet stand that you are looking for. Tabletop models tend to run the cheapest, as these are modeled after basic picture frame stand. (Probably the cheapest option for a tablet stand would be an actual picture frame stand, but if you went this route you wouldn’t be able to make any adjustments to the angle, which could prove annoying.)
Floor models and mounted models tend to be more expensive because they are made of higher-grade materials and much more material goes into the making of the product. The cheapest models tend to be made of plastic, while spending more money will get you a metal option.
Paying more for a tablet stand will get you a tablet stand that lasts longer and probably is adjustable to a higher degree. Some cheaper tablet stands only come with one or two adjustment angles. The more expensive ones tend to have nearly 360 degrees of rotation so you could view your tablet upside down and backward if you wished.
Again, the cheapest tabletop models will only work on flat surfaces, which makes them less convenient for using in bed or in situations where you don’t have a flat surface to place them on.
Our Top 4 Tablet Stand Picks
- Extremely lightweight. (1. 76oz) and pocket-sized(4. 13*3. 35*0. 27in), folds up to a completely flat shape, easily thrown onto a rucksack/bag.
- Six fully adjustable slots, easily adjusts stand angle, supporting both vertical and horizontal viewing, displaying portrait and landscape modes.
- Strong and durable ABS and rubber ensures stability, holds devices up to 11 inch.
- Well Placed rubber pads for surface protection protects tablet from scratches and sliding.
- Compatible with all Smartphones, E-reader and Tablets(6-11 IN), such as New iPad Air 3 10. 5" 2019, iPad Mini 5 7. 9" 2019, Galaxy S10e 5. 8", S10 6. 1", S10 Plus 6. 4", will not fit tablet / phone with a case or sleeve.
This tablet stand wins out big for value: it’s less than $10. The only downside (or perhaps it’s an upside, depending on your needs) is that it’s a tabletop stand. This means that you won’t really be able to effectively use it in bed. But if you just need something to keep your tablet upright on a desk or table, this is a great bargain at the price. Reviewers love that it holds the tablet at such a nice angle and that it is so affordable.
The Moko can support any device up to 8 inches, which makes it great for both smartphones and tablets. It folds flat so the portability value of the Moko is high. It offers great angle adjustments so you can make it work no matter how the sun is shining or what your preferred degree of comfort is. It comes in seven different color options.
- Where To Buy
- Compatible with Apple iPad 1, iPad 2, the new iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Touch, Kindle e-Reader and other tablets and e-Readers with or without a case or sleeve
- Extremely portable, fits in any bag or pocket
- Non skid base design keeps the stand secure on flat surfaces
- Distributed by Amazon.com; backed by one-year AmazonBasics warranty
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
This simple tablet stand has a lot going for it in terms of function and design. It’s adjustable for a variety of tablets and smartphones in many different sizes, which makes it a good choice for somebody who needs a holder for a device larger than what the MoKo can handle.
The Amazon Basics holder can be moved to a variety of positions, and thanks to its design, it can handle tablets and phones both in cases and outside of them. It folds down for easy and compact storage. It has anti-scratch pads so your electronics will enjoy protection.
- Where To Buy
- Expansive compatibility - This ingenious Slide-adjust tablet holder holds tablets between 6-8.75 inches in width, including the new Apple 12.9-Inch iPad Pro, 11-inch iPad Pro, iPad Mini, iPad Pro 12.9, Surface Pro 4, iPad Gen. 5 (2017) and 6 (2018) and other 7-13 inch tablets
- Stylish design - The sleek, aluminum body folds compact for Easy storage and portability while still offering tremendous stability to your tablet. Perfect for your classroom wall, office desk, or beneath your kitchen counter!
- Easy install - the stand's unique design accommodates three display modes: tabletop, wall, and under cabinet. For wall and under cabinet displays, this stand includes two easy-mounting stand cradles. Just fold the legs in and tuck inside for fast setups and takedowns!
- Every angle covered - equipped with multiple flexible joints Plus a 360-degree rotating headpiece, this stand covers every Display angle.Holder adjusts 6-8.75 inches from top to bottom. Mounting base dimensions: 5 L x 3.125 W x 0.75 D Inches
- Quick release button - the clever Slide-adjust holder features a quick-release button for resizing and easy tablet insertion and Removal
For those who would like to have a permanent tablet mount in a convenient area, this is a wonderful pick. It easily mounts to a wall or under a cabinet (or wherever you would like to put it), so that you can use your tablet hands-free in the kitchen or any other area. This was designed to help cooks utilize technology better, but we can see this being at home in an office. However, if you don’t want a mounted stand, you can also use it as a tabletop stand, as well.
The CTA Digital stand mounts to the wall or any other flat surface. It comes with all required mounting hardware. It is made of attractive and hard-wearing aluminum.
- Where To Buy
- Sit, recline, or lie in bed and LEVO will securely hold your tablet or eReader at the perfect height and viewing angle. Flip lever height locks and 5 axis articulating swing arm for quick positioning. Simply grab the platform then swing tilt and spin it into perfect view. No clearance needed under your furniture. Includes wheels so you can roll LEVO from room to room and reap its benefits day and night. Patented.
- Super sturdy construction minimizes annoying bouncing while surfing or typing, and protects your valuable device from tipping over. Swing-arm quickly swings and folds when not in use, or to exit your furniture. Quickly swings back in place at the exact same height and angle so you can continue surfing in deluxe style anytime.
- Quickly spins from portrait to landscape so you can view your pages or photos at their best. Interchangeable platforms so you can quickly switch from electronic devices to books and magazines (book platform sold separately). Minimum height 30 inches, maximum height 56 inches (nice range) measured from floor to center of device. Height extension available for very high beds and treadmills.
- Compatible with all iPads, Galaxy tablets, Surface, Zoom, Nexus, Nook, Fire, and other tablets and eReaders measuring 8.5x11 inches or less, and weighing up to 4 pounds. Works great with or without cases. Attach and remove your device in seconds.
- Lustrous anodized aluminum finish looks fabulous in your home or office. Gunmetal color with black accents. 3 year warranty
For those who are looking for high luxury in their tablet stands, the LEVO Deluxe iPad Floor Stand has you covered. This attractive stand stands on the floor with wheels, so it can be easily moved around your house. It allows for easy tablet browsing anywhere, from your favorite chair to your bed.
The LEVO Deluxe iPad Floor Stand is its own independent fixture and can be moved anywhere. The arm has many joints so it can be adjusted in endless angles for best viewing. It’s sturdy and dependable.
- Where To Buy
(but also can be mounted)
$29.99 or $39.99, depending on color
Our Final Thoughts
Due to the amount of variation that goes into tablet stands, it was a challenge to pick just one. Particularly since the price range here and the functionality of the stands differ so much, you may just not have a particular need for a floor stand, or space for it. Or maybe having a tabletop stand won’t work for you since you want to be able to browse your tablet or smartphone with ease in bed.
Overall, our favorite is definitely the LEVO Deluxe iPad Floor Stand. The quality that went into the craftsmanship of this piece cannot be overstated, and it almost looks like a piece of modern art when not being used for its intended purpose. The three-year warranty on it allows us to have confidence that our purchase will last for a long time and likely give us back tons of utility for the price. We also like that it can be easily transported from room to room.
While we like the idea of a mounted stand, if you have a rolling stand you can just take it wherever you want, whether you want to watch Netflix in bed or use your tablet as a cookbook in the kitchen. Having the LEVO makes any tabletop stand redundant. Again, just roll the LEVO over where you want to view your tablet and you’re set.
If you’re just looking for something cheap and reliable, the MoKo can’t be beat for the price. It will do what you need it to do, and since it folds down so small it’s very easy to transport outside of the house, which is one feature that the much-larger LEVO lacks.