Tablets make life simpler and more fun. The same is true for cars. If you plan to drive your vehicle while using your tablet’s GPS or other features, though, you need to be certain you have a hands-free tool to hold the device. A tablet car mount allows you to take your tablet with you every time you hit the road.
As you may know, there are hundreds of tablet car mounts on the market today. Not every mount is a smart purchase, though. How do you know the difference? That’s where we come in. In this article, we review five of the best tablet mounts on sale today. Continue reading to see which mounts make our list.
Tablet Car Mount FAQ
To get the most out of our rankings, you must have a basic understanding of tablet mounts. Here are some common questions we get from consumers.
1. What Is a Tablet Car Mount?
Tablet car mounts are devices that attach to the inside of your vehicle. These tools securely hold your tablet or other personal electronic device in place while you drive. As such, your hands remain free to operate your vehicle. Meanwhile, your attention stays focused on navigating the road instead of driving your vehicle.
2. What Does a Tablet Car Mount Do?
Tablet mounts install inside your vehicle and hold your tablet. How you install the mount depends on the style of mount you purchase and the type of car you drive. Most mounts allow you to easily attach and remove your tablet.
3. How Much Do Tablet Car Mounts Cost?
It is difficult to give an accurate price estimate for car tablet mounts, as features and installation determine the exact cost of a mount. Most, however, cost between $10 and $100. We discuss the overall price range of tablet car mounts in greater detail later in this review.
4. Where Can You Buy a Tablet Car Mount?
You may purchase a tablet car mount anywhere electronics are sold. This includes both brick-and-mortar stores and online sellers. Commonly, consumers choose to purchase tablet mounts through a third-party vendor, such as Amazon. Depending on your shopping style, you may find a mount for your vehicle at a big-box store, consumer electronics outlet or automotive parts seller.
5. How Much Do Tablet Car Mounts Cost?
The cost of tablet car mounts varies considerably. Generally, you should expect to spend between $10 and $100 on a holder for your tablet. Some devices, however, cost more than $100. Still, mounts frequently go on sale or sell for a discounted price. To help you budget effectively, we discuss overall pricing for car tablet mounts in greater detail later in this review.
How We Reviewed Tablet Car Mounts
We know you work hard for your money. As such, you don’t want to spend valuable dollars on any product that isn’t a good investment. Since we take our obligation to provide you with honest, reliable and valuable information seriously, we carefully reviewed several tablet car mounts. Not only did we look at published marketing materials for each mount, we read through both professional and amateur reviews.
To earn a spot on our list, we expect tablet mounts to excel in the following areas:
In our quest to help you make an informed purchase, we ranked five devices based on the above factors. We also assigned a rating to each tablet car mount. These ratings are on a five-point scale. In addition to our one through five rankings, you can use our rating system to see how each mount compares to the one before and after it on our list.
While our rankings are comprehensive, they aren’t necessarily exhaustive. That is, you may find an excellent tablet car mount that failed to make our rankings. That’s okay. We hope you use the information in this review to know which questions to ask when purchasing your new automotive tablet holder.
Overall Price Range of Tablet Car Mounts
As we mentioned above, the overall price range of tablet car mounts varies considerably. While you may spend as little as $10 on a car mount, some cost more than $100. As you may guess, generally the more money you spend, the more features you get. Often, pricier holders include the following:
While you can spend a small fortune on your new tablet car mount, you don’t have to bust your budget. In fact, many of the tablets on our ranking of the best car mounts sell for under $100. In the list below, we give you a general idea of how much each tablet car mount costs. Remember, though, that prices change frequently. As such, only use the estimate in our article to get a general idea of how much you need to spend. For actual pricing information, check with a brick-and-mortar electronics seller or conduct an online search.
In our review below, we give you a price estimate for each car mount we reviewed. Remember, though, pricing fluctuates frequently. Accordingly, we ask that you use our price estimates for informational purposes only. For real-time pricing, check with a brick-and-mortar retailer or search online.
The Best Tablet Car Mounts for 2018: Rankings, Ratings and Reviews
- New innovative, adjustable tablet vehicle mount holder fits your Apple iPad Pro (9.7/10.5/12.9), iPad Air, iPad Mini 5 4 3/Samsung Galaxy Tab A E 5 4 3 S2 S3 S4, LG G Pad F2, Yoga Tablet and All 7-15" tablets with or without a carrying case, skin or screen protector
- Tablet car dashboard mount holder? Windshield car mount tablet holder ? These two solutions are no comparison for our newly innovative 18 inch flexible aluminum floor seat bolt car mount tablet holder that offers an optional dashboard tablet holder mount drill in bracket which will keep your tablet secure , stable and most importantly, safe while on the road.
- Lightweight, robust and sturdy enough to accommodate your tablet use in the car (handsfree) for a perfect vehicle tablet mount holder solution. The car tablet mount installs directly to the passenger side seat rail. Simple install with all hardware included, allows for quick and hassle-free installation
- Swivel ball connection for (360) degree rotation with tilt mechanism, is ideal for both portrait or landscape optimal hands-free viewing when utilizing GPS navigation, phone book, emails and more
- Powerful tablet mount cradle grip holder with side gripping technology offers a one-handed quick release functionality, that fully protects your tablet, laptop or convertible PC while giving you quick access to your device and all ports while on the road. (perfect solution for becoming ELD compliant)
In our opinion, there is a clear standout in the crowded field of car tablet holders. The DigitlMobile Robust Seat Bolt Tablet Car Mount With Vehicle Swivel Cradle Mount Holder is the best of the best.
This holder features strong clamps that sit on top of a flexible 18-inch holder. This means you can point the tablet’s screen in any direction you choose. The DigitlMobile holder also bolts firmly to your vehicle using heavy-duty screws. This gives you peace of mind, knowing your tablet’s holder isn’t likely to come unhooked and damage your expensive electronic device. While see this as a clear selling point, you may not. When screwing this holder into place, you can expect to leave scratches or holes on the inside of your vehicle.
Because of the way this holder is designed, you can mount it virtually anywhere. Install this on your car’s floorboard, ceiling, seat base or somewhere else. Because this mount screws firmly in place, you don’t have to give up your cupholders or CD player to secure your tablet.
The DigitlMobile holder secures the largest devices of any holder we reviewed. In fact, this mount can hold tablets with a 12-inch screen on the diagonal. You don’t have to have a huge tablet for this mount to work, though. In fact, the DigitlMobile mount holds devices as small as 7 inches just as well as it does larger tablets.
While $35 is a reasonable price to pay to take your tablet with you, the DigitlMobile mount does not have the lowest price tag of any device on our list. Still, we don’t think you will mind paying a bit extra for the many features this tablet car mount offers.
- Universal CD slot car mount fits all tablet devices
- Stretchable holder can hold up to 7.68 inch wide
- Full 360 degree rotatable for portrait and landscape view
- Easy mount using One Touch Lever
- Compatible with all iPads and all other tablet PC devices
Unlike the DigitlMobile car mount that screws into your vehicle’s interior, the Koomis CD-Air Tab CD Slot Universal Tablet PC Car Mount Holder leaves no car scars. Instead, this tablet holder easily installs in seconds using your vehicle’s CD slot.
Made with durable materials and strong construction, the Koomis CD-air tablet car mount pushes into the CD slot. When you are ready to remove the holder, simply pull it back out of the slot. Of course, the downside of the Koomis holder is that you can’t play CDs while you have the holder installed. Who listens to CDs nowadays anyway?
You may be concerned that your CD player will sustain damage if you use the Koomis holder. After all, even though you may not use your vehicle’s CD player often, you want it to stay in good shape. Fortunately, there is no evidence that this holder damages your CD slot or player. Rather, it gives you a hands-free way to use your tablet when you are behind the wheel.
The Koomis car tablet mount supports devices with diagonal screen measurements of up to 11 inches. In addition to your tablet, it holds GPS devices and smart phones. This feature makes the Koomis mount a versatile tool. It is also more affordable than the DigitlMobile device at the top of our list.
Tablet Car Mount #3: iKross 2-in-1 Adjustable Cup Mount Holder
- 【 OPTIMAL MOUNTING SOLUTION:】 Easily and safely access your smartphone or tablet such as 2017 New Amazon Kindle Fire 7 / Fire HD 8, 2016 Fire HD 7 / HDX 7, Kindle Fire HD 10 Tablet 10.1" 7th Generation while operating a vehicle. Secure mount to most vehicle drinks beverage cup holder.
- 【 UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY:】iPad or tablet with screen size ranging from 7" to 10.2" [4 inch / 96mm) up to 7.5 inch (195mm) wide] or Smartphone 2 to 3.7 inch with width such as iPhone X / 8 / 8 Plus, iPhone 7 / 7 Plus, iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone 5 / 5s, iPad Pro 9.7 / Pro 10.5 2017, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 2, Samsung Galaxy S9, S8, S7 Edge, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, Tab S3 9.7 inch, ASUS ZenPad 3S 10, LG, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, Sony, Smartphone, Dell, HP, Asus, Acer, Lenovo, Nintendo Switch Tablet Phablet
- 【 EASY INSTALLATION: 】 Expandable base fits most automobiles, recreational vehicles, Car, SUV, trucks and other vehicles with standard size round cup holders. Tool-less and simple installation/removal in seconds.
- 【 ADJUST & ROTATE:】 360 degree swivel ball joint enables ideal and proper viewing angle.
- 【 SAFE & SECURE: 】 Designed to keep device steady and secure during car rides. Solid construction for minimize road vibration and a 10 inch swing arm for stabilized viewing. Perfect for Uber, Lyft, Truck, Car Pool or long distance navigation drivers.
If you don’t want to screw into your vehicle’s interior or stuff something into its CD slot, the iKross 2-in-1 Adjustable Cup Mount Holder is a fantastic alternative. This device sits inside a cup holder and holds your tablet or smartphone. As such, you can quickly move this mount to the front or rear of your vehicle without much effort.
The iKross holder has a base that looks like the bottom of a fast-food cup. Attached to the base is a swivel arm that allows you to customize how you view your device. If you are thinking about purchasing the iKross mount, you must do some measuring first. This tablet holder only fits cup holders that are 3.75 inches in diameter. If your cupholder is smaller, the mount simply won’t fit. If it is larger, your tablet will likely jiggle around as you drive.
Tablet Car Mount #4: Okra Universal Tablet Air Vent Car Mount Holder With 360-Degree Rotating Swivel
- Special design ensures the mount will not damage the air vent, while keeping your iPad secure in place.
- 360 Rotating swivel enbables portrait and landscape viewing, while all buttons and ports are fully accessible
- Powerful Grip holder with side gripping technology and quick release functionality, Easy installation doesn't require tools to mount your tablet
- Cradle will keep your iPad and other tablets firmly in place even on bumpy roads
- Compatible with any tablet from 7" to "11 (iPad 1/2/3/4, Air, Mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Nexus 7, 10, Microsoft Surface, Asus, etc.)
Budget-friendly shoppers love the Okra Universal Tablet Air Vent Car Mount Holder With 360-Degree Rotating Swivel. This mount clips to your vehicle’s air vent. For most vehicles, this mounting approach provides an effective way to use a tablet from either the driver’s or passenger’s seat. The Okra mount also has a lifetime warranty.
We don’t love vent-mounted tablet holders. Because vents are designed to move, your tablet may slouch during your drive. If you have a large tablet, you may roast, as your device blocks the flow of cooled air. Nonetheless, at just over $10, the Okra car tablet holder is an affordable, high-quality and stress-free way to use your tablet on the road.
Tablet Car Mount #5: Bestrix Universal Headrest Cradle Car Mount Holder
- EASY TO USE makes it convenient for the user to watch movies, listen to music or simply browse web while on the go on iPad or any other tablet, either in landscape or portrait, without blocking any of the side slots, It can be fixed with the headrest of the car in no time. Just tight it a bit while placing at the right spot and remove it with ease whenever you want, without any help from the toolbox.
- SAFETY AND SECURITY your tablet is safe in its soft, rubber coated and spring loaded arms, it has an amazing quality, made to endure any kind of roughness, flexible, rotatable, inexpensive and easy to use Bestrix Universal Headrest Tablet mount, best for iPad and other tablets!
- COMPATIBILITY no matter which tablet you have, whether it is a 7'' Amazon fire or an Apple iPad Pro, you can easily fit it in the Bestrix Universal Car Headrest Tablet mount due to its adjustable arms and super firm grip. Compatible with iPad Pro, iPad Mini 1,2,3,4, iPad air, iPad air 2; Android tablets like Samsung Tab S2, Tab E, Tab 4, LG GPAD PRO, Dell Tablets, Amazon Kindle, Kindle Fire, Kindle Voyage, and any tablet up to 11"
- MADE WITH SATISFACTION built and designed to last longer and is strongly backed by our 100% satisfaction 1 YEAR guarantee. It has been efficiently engineered to act as a perfect tablet mount and give you an outstanding experience. It has a firm grip which ensures that the tablet is strongly held and is not loose so that you can enjoy your videos, e-books, music and internet browsing without any shaking or jerks.
- 360 DEGREE ROTATION allows you to have a better view at your tablet. You can easily tilt it or even rotate it, thanks to the ball in the socket head. This Bestrix Universal Tablet headrest mount can serve as an instant entertainment center in the back of your car where you can watch movies, play games, read books or listen to music without any sort of inconvenience. It can also be used to hold GPS for navigation.
The last tablet car mount on our list is the Bestrix Universal Headrest Cradle Car Mount Holder. This one mounts to the back of a headrest. As you have probably guessed, this makes the tablet viewable only from the backseat. Because we had front-seat functionality in mind when we created our list, this mount simply doesn’t cut it.
If you are looking for a backseat-mounted device, however, the Bestrix holder is hard to beat. The firm clips and rubber-coated finish make this holder optimal for busy families. In fact, you can entertain your children for hours without worry by simply letting them watch videos on your tablet while you drive.
The Verdict: The DigitlMobile Robust Seat Bolt Tablet Car Mount Is the Best Tablet Car Mount on the Market Today
In our opinion the best tablet car mount on the market today is the DigitlMobile tablet holder. Because this mount attaches to the inside of your vehicle with screws, you know it isn’t going to wiggle loose. If you are hesitant to screw into your car’s interior, you have options. Each of the mounts on our list get the job done.
Remember, the only way to safely operate your vehicle is to avoid distraction. Read through your tablet mount’s operator’s manual for safety tips before you leave the driveway.