Are you looking for your next e-reader to upgrade to? Check out our top choices for e-readers that you can choose from.
There is little doubt that tablet readers are a very convenient way to keep your favorite books and audible books on hand at all times. Thankfully these tablet readers come with extended batteries that allow you hours of uninterrupted reading, and they’re easy to tote around so you will have access to your books whenever you might want them.
In this article will be reviewing 10 of the best tablet specifically meant for reading and everything that you need to know about them when you get faced with a choice of choosing one to purchase.
How We Rate Our Choices
We rate our choices based on a few factors that determine which is the best out of everything we’ve selected. These ratings include:
Affordability has always been a factor when choosing the perfect e-reader. As a result, we will consider this while we’re making our ratings.
Can you put a cellular plan on your chosen e-reader or are you forced to stick to only Wi-Fi? These are just some of the questions that we ask when we are rating our products.
If customers already love this product we know you will too. Customer reviews are the most extensive consideration we make before we rate our products.
Top 10 Best Tablets for Reading
Image Source: Pixabay.com
- Now available in Champagne Gold or Graphite.
- Our largest, highest resolution display- 7" and 300 ppi, reads like real paper without glare, even in bright sunlight.
- The first waterproof (IPX8) Kindle so you are free to read in even more places.
- Now with Audible, listen to the world's largest library of audiobooks. Pair with Bluetooth to take the story with you anytime, anywhere.
- Thin and light ergonomic design with dedicated page turn buttons and adaptive front light so you can read even more comfortably for hours.
Anyone who’s familiar with e-readers knows the name Kendall and all of the models in their lineup. Amazon has done amazing things to upgrade their e-readers, and the Kindle Oasis is not an exception. Currently, the Kindle Oasis only comes in two colors, which are graphite or champagne gold which gives its owner and elegant and refined appearance.
As far as Kindles are concerned, this is the first in their lineup that’s waterproof up to two meters for as long as 60 minutes. This design element enables you to enjoy a book by the pool or by the ocean without much worried about it getting damaged.
That’s also one of the largest and highest revolutions displays that kindle has out currently. At seven-inches and 30 pixels per inch, you’ll get over 30 percent more words per page than in previous Kindle models and a regular reading session that doesn’t have glare or makes it difficult to read due to bright sunlight.
The Kindle Oasis also comes with audible which allows you to access the most extensive library of audiobooks that you can take with you anywhere that you want. This fact is true thanks to the Bluetooth capabilities that the Kindle Oasis comes with, so you can connect it to your car, or any Bluetooth supported headphones.
You can pick up the Kindle Oasis on Amazon, and you have a choice between the eight-gigabyte or the 32-gigabyte storage options.
Our Rating: 10 / 10
- 7.9" Retina Display, 2048 x 1536 Resolution
- Apple iOS 9, Dual-Core A8 Chip with Quad-Core Graphics
- 8 MP iSight Camera, 1080p HD Video Recording
If you’re an iPad fan, then you know that the iPad Mini 4 is probably the best option if you’re looking for a good eReader. Well, it’s called a mini, it does have a 7.9-inch retina display that has an anti-reflective coating, so you don’t have to worry about glare is getting in the way of your story.
Of course, this is much more than just a simple e-reader; the iPad Mini can do much more than let you enjoy books. And thanks to the fact that it comes with 128 GB internal storage, you can take advantage of things like your favorite books, movies, and apps that you wanted you to use while you’re out and about.
It comes with an eight-megapixel camera with HDR and 1080p HD video which makes the Mini perfect for capturing Unforgettable moments that you can reflect on. My front camera features a 1.2-megapixel camera so you can take advantage of the Facetime features that the Mini 4 comes pre-installed.
You’ll average ten hours of battery life while just using it to read or surf the web off of a Wi-Fi network. You’ll go down to nine hours when you go off of cellular service to do the same. It’s small enough to fit in your hand, and you can choose between three different color options:
- Slate Grey
If the iPad Mini 4 sounds like what you’re looking for, you can pick it up off of Amazon.
Our Rating: 9 / 10
- reMarkable - The Paper Tablet - 10.3" Digital Notepad E-Reader
For those of you looking for an e-reader that does just about everything, the reMarkable e-tablet is going to work well for you. It’s a durable e-reader that is meant to be carried around and utilize from day-to-day uses.
A company even included a folio that protects the device even further, and you can choose from a large variety of different colors that suit your tastes. What we like the most about this tablet is its functionality. You will get to enjoy being able to write out handwritten notes on the tablet itself which can then get converted into text with the touch of a button.
You can also draw on this tablet, and the surface feels like paper when you are working on it. The texture is more comfortable on the eyes too, so you won’t’ have to deal with eye fatigue if you enjoy reading for long hours. It even comes with its rechargeable pen and extra tips to work with on the tablet.
The screen size sits at just over ten-inches and provides eight-gigabytes of storage space for all of your favorite books. At only 12.3 ounces, you can carry it around with you everywhere without being hindered by bulky electronics, and it’s ideal to rest in your hand while you’re reading.
If the reMarkable tablet sounds like something you could use for your personal use, You can find the reMarkable tablet on Amazon.
Our Rating: 8 / 10
- Read comfortably at any time of day
- Seamless day-to-night reading with Night Mode
- Soft touch finish on front and back for easy grip
- Page-turning buttons for faster reading experience
The Barnes & Noble Nook GlowLight 3 is one of the latest models that’s come out for the Nook series. You can read comfortably at any time of the day thanks to the seamless day-to-night reading that you can get from the night mode feature. A soft-touch finish on the front and back which makes it easier to grip onto, so you don’t accidentally drop it.
On either side of the device are buttons specifically meant for page-turning which gives you a faster reading experience. You get to read your favorite books on a 6-inch screen what up gif 8 gigabytes of storage space for all your books. Battery works great too, you’ll on average get over 50 days on a single charge of your neck which equates to a lot of reading.
After the purchase of your Nook, you can access the free Nook app that you can put on any Android or iPhone device. If you should ever forget your Nook, you can continue where you left off on your phone or another mobile device, and when you switch back to your Nook, it picks up where you left off last.
You’ll be able to access the Barnes and Noble website from your Nook and pick from any of the books at Barnes & Noble currently has on hand When you can take advantage of discounts by being a Barnes & Noble member, but she gives you ten percent off of your purchases.
With the Nook you’ll also be able to get free lifetime in store support by visiting your local Barnes & Noble store where they can help you get started and fix any technical problems.
You can purchase the Nook Glowlight 3 on Amazon for, or you can find it on the Barnes and Noble website.
Our Rating: 7 / 10
- The thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet-with a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight.
- Now waterproof, so you're free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool, or in the bath.
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics, and audiobooks.
- Now with Audible. Pair with Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to your story.
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours.
Amazon’s Kindle Paperwhite features a lot of the same features as the Oasis including the new and improved waterproofing feature which protects your device from Sudden weather changes or an accidental drop into the pool. The Paperwhite is one of the thinnest Kindles on the market, and this one is explicitly the thinnest Paperwhite that they’ve produced.
You’ll get a 300 PPI glare-free display that reads like paper thanks to its innovative design. Not even bright sunlight will disturb your reading. You can get 8 gigabytes of storage with this model, or you can choose the 32 gigabytes storage option to hold more of your favorite ebooks and audiobooks.
With Audible paired with the device, you can listen to any of your favorite audiobooks, and the Bluetooth capabilities that come with the tablet can connect seamlessly with your car or any Bluetooth related speakers or headphones. A single charge will last you weeks before you need to do it again, even with the adjustable light features that come built into the system.
The Kindle Paperwhite edition is on Amazon.
Our Rating: 6 / 10
- Brilliant 10.1" 1080p Full HD display (1920 x 1200), up to 1.8 GHZ quad-core processor, 2 GB RAM, and up to 10 hours of battery life.
- Our largest display, now with over 2 million pixels, stereo speakers, Dolby Audio, and dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi-perfect for watching Full HD video, playing games, reading magazines, and streaming content seamlessly
- Use Alexa hands-free mode to pause videos, play music, open apps, show sports scores, display the weather, and more-just ask
- Call or message almost anyone hands-free, or make video calls to family and friends with a Fire tablet, Echo Spot, Echo Show, or the Alexa App. Instantly connect to enabled Echo devices.
- 32 or 64 GB internal storage expandable by up to 256 GB (using the microSD slot). Watch downloaded videos anywhere with a Prime membership, Netflix plan, or Showtime subscription.
The Kindle HD Fire 10 has one of the most popular Kindle Fires that Amazon has produced, featuring a beautiful HD 10-inch screen that allows you to watch all of your favorite movies and play all of your favorite apps and beautiful color and resolution.
You have a few options when it comes to purchasing your new Kindle Fire 10; you can choose between a 32GB storage space or a 64GB storage space, additionally with whether or not you wish to have the standing case with it.
There are also three colors to choose from, marine blue, punch red, are black. A Kindle Fire HD 10 also comes with Alexa support where you can utilize the hands-free mode to pause videos, open apps, display the weather, or open up the Amazon Kindle app to access your favorite books.
It features a lovely quad-core processor that allows your tablet to run up to 30% faster than previous generations thanks to additional RAM that they implemented. I will also be able to enjoy up to 10 hours of battery life, even if you are using your tablet for other things then just reading.
As with all Kindle products, you can get the Kindle Fire 10 HD on Amazon, and it qualifies for free shipping if you’re an Amazon Prime member.
Our Rating: 5 / 10
- Glare free - paperlike 6" E Ink screen
- Front light with temperature color management*
- 4GB Storage for over 5000 ebooks
- Dual-core CPU and up to 3 weeks of battery life
- inkBOOK OS based on Android*
The paper likes inkBook Lumos is a six-inch e-reader tablet that features up to four gigabytes of storage which can roughly hold the equivalent of 5,000 e-books. The dual-core processor makes it easy to boot up your e-reader with little effort so you can get to your favorite books faster. The screen is glare-free, and features are front light with temperature color management.
The color management makes it easier on your eyes while you’re reading which is a great feature to have if you enjoy reading for long periods. The Inkbook Lumos operates under the Android operating system, so if you are familiar with Android products, this e-reader should be easy to work.
The tablet itself only weighs 5.8 Oz and features a battery that lasts up to 3 weeks which is ideal for e-readers such as these. They’re convenient buttons on either side of the tablet that allow you to turn the page of your book, And it provides support for the following favorite reading apps:
- Kindle Books
- Adobe Reader
- Google Books
If you like the Inkbook Lumos tablet, you’ll be able to get this from Amazon, and the Inkbook Lumos qualifies for free shipping as well.
Our Rating: 4 / 10
- THINNEST AND LIGHTEST: At less than 2 lbs, it's the world's thinnest and lightest 2-in-1 android tablet *Based on Lenovo's internal analysis as of 8/18/16 of 10.1" or greater 2-in-1 computers (sold with keyboard)
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: This portable computer has a 64GB SSD hard drive and 4 GB LP DDR3 of RAM, plus an epic 15 hour battery life on one charge
- PRODUCTIVITY: Instantly digitize your notes with the Real Pen stylus or transform your device into a notebook computer with the Halo keyboard that appears only when needed
- THEATER-LIKE MULTIMEDIA: This 10 inch tablet has a Full High Definition crystal-clear touchscreen display plus built-in dual speakers perfect for binge-watching TV and movies on-the-go
- ENDLESS OPTIONS: Do more with one notebook - type, take notes, browse the web, even draw
The Lenovo Yoga book 10.1 is the lightest and thinnest Android tablet on the market, weighing no more than two pounds. Not only does this feature make it easier to hold for long periods while reading, but it also means that it’s easy to tote around wherever you may need to go which means you can bring the library of your favorite books with you.
Just because the frame is thin doesn’t mean that it doesn’t perform well. The tablet has a 64- gigabyte solid state hard drive and a four- gigabyte IP DDR3 stick of RAM for faster and stable app performance. The Lenovo Yoga Book also provides up to an incredible 15 hours of battery life based off of one charge.
You can digitize all of your notes thanks to the Pen stylus that comes with it which conveniently turns your tablet into a notebook at any time that you might need to take notes. The tablet itself is ten-inch and has full high-definition display features in case you feel like binge-watching your favorite TV show while you’re out and about.
If the features of the Lenovo Yoga Book 10.1 sounds like what you’re looking for in a tablet, you’ll find it on Amazon.
Our Rating: 3 / 10
- Android 5.0 Lollipop, 8-inch Display. Product Dimensions (inches) 8.20" x 5.43" x 0.29", Samsung Quad Core Processor, 1.2 GHz
- 16 GB Flash Memory, 1.5 GB RAM Memory
- MicroSD Card Slot (Up to 128GB), Display Resolution: 1024 x 768 XGA
- Camera 5MP rear + 2MP front, 4x Digital Zoom, Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.1, 720 HD Recording
With 14 hours of battery life and 32 gigabytes of built-in storage what’s the ability to expand your room up to 256 gigabytes, the Samsung Galaxy Tab a is an excellent choice if you need to take your favorite books and games on the go. When you purchase this tablet, you’ll get three months of YouTube Red for free, as well as Google, play music.
This tablet is light and Sleek which makes it easy to hold onto for long periods, or conveniently stow it away in your purse or bag to take it with you wherever you want to go. You’ll get to enjoy 8 inches of crystal clear display with a highly Interactive touch-screen. The screen itself is anti-glare and adjust to the light to make it easier on your eyes.
You can get ahold of a Samsung Galaxy Tab A from Amazon, and it currently qualifies for free two-day shipping for Amazon Prime members.
Our Rating: 2 / 10
- 7" PLS TFT Multi-Touchscreen Display (1280 x 800)
- Quad-Core 1.3GHz | 1.5 GB RAM | 8GB ROM Storage
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 | 5.0 MP AF Camera
- Android 5.1 Lollipop; Music Play Time: Up to 100 hours
A Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 is another multifunctional tablet, but you can utilize for reading purposes, and we find that it’s ideal for rating because it fits perfectly in hand with its lightweight design. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 features a crisp 7-in multi-touch screen display with a resolution of 1280 by 800 pixels.
If you have an Amazon account and you like to read Kindle books, you can download the app right onto the device and read all of your favorite titles and genres Within a few quick moments. The quad-core processor that this device feature allows the tablet to boot up quickly which will enable you to get to your favorite books faster.
The battery allows you up to 11 hours of consistent use which means that you don’t have to charge it to enjoy reading for long sessions continuously.
If this tablet is what you’re looking for, the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 is available on Amazon and qualifies for free shipping.
Our Rating: 1 / 10
Featured Image Source: Pixabay.com