Two-in-one tablets are taking over the markets. The idea of having one product serve as both a tablet and a laptop is to save money, enhance portability and increase convenience. With so many out there competing, it can be difficult to narrow down your search. Well, you needn’t search much longer.
What is it?
The 2-in-1 tablet is different than a 2-in-1 laptop. The former is more of a tablet that can also conveniently be used as a laptop. The latter is more of a laptop but can also be used as a tablet if needed. This list focuses on the former.
What does it do?
The ideal 2-in-1 tablet will perform tremendously as a tablet and as a laptop. Accessories will either be inexpensive or included in the base price. Also, it should have the ability to switch back and forth between tablet and laptop with ease.
Where can I buy it?
You can find them at large department stores and online.
This list is the result of a tremendous amount of thorough research. In order to provide quality, accurate and unbiased reviews, both consumer and expert opinions are considered when coming to conclusions. This list focuses on hybrid tablets rather than hybrid laptops, so only detachable keyboard options have been considered.
Top 8 2-in-1 Tablets
In order to simplify your search, here are the best 2-in-1 tablets to choose from.
- Processor: Intel Core i5 Processor.
- Memory: 4GB RAM.
- Storage Capacity: 128GB SSD.
- Display: 12.3-inch PixelSense Screen.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro.
This Microsoft tablet takes the crown. It has more affordable options to suit your performance desires and stellar performance. Disappointingly, the Surface pen is no longer a part of the package as it was in previous models.
- 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U Processor 2.3GHz (Up to 2.8GHz)
- 12" QHD Touchscreen (2160 x 1440), Intel HD Graphics 520
- 8GB LPDDR3 Memory, 256GB SSD, No Optical Drive
- USB 3.1 (Type-C) port
- Windows 10 Home, Up to 8-hours Battery Life
The Acer Switch can be considered the budget Surface Pro. It performs well for what it costs. It does come with a lot of bloatware, however, meaning it has unwanted manufacturer software that takes up disk space.
- Confidently take on your workday with our durable and highly High reliability HP ZBook 15 that has gone through 120,000...
- Designed for demanding workloads, our HP ZBook 15 is engineered with the latest Intel Xeon processors, 3D graphics,...
- Made for the most demanding workloads, the HP ZBook 15 is used by NASA to help push the boundaries of science and...
The Zbook is a splurge 2-in-1 for creatives. It’s more than a tablet; it’s an entire workstation designed for those who want more of a creative touch.
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 Features a 8th generation Intel Quad Core i7 Processor, 512 GB of storage, 16 GB RAM, and up to...
- Enhanced Graphics performance with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 discrete GPU w/6GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory
- The fastest Surface Book yet, with 4x more power
- Vibrant PixelSense Display: now available with a new 15" touchscreen. Weight : Starting at 4.2 pounds including keyboard
- Four versatile modes of use and new USB-C port
Out of all tablets on this list, the Surface Book 2 is the one that feels the most like a laptop rather than a tablet. It also has the longest battery life of all the tablets that were reviewed. For those who want more of a laptop and less of a tablet, this will be your top choice.
It comes with a keyboard and stylus, which is always a plus. It sports a high battery capacity and a great display. However, for what it costs, the design isn’t as great as expected.
- Get reliable performance from the Intel Core m7-6Y75 processor 1.2GHz (Burst up to 3.1GHz) 4MG Cache
- 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 (on-board) memory, with a microSD card slot that supports up to 64GB, 256GB M.2 Solid State Drive
- Enjoy a 12” Screen with Portable Entertainment with a Stunning Display: Whether for work or leisure, the high...
- ThinkPad Keyboard Perfection: The X1 Tablet features the detachable keyboard with the legendary ThinkPad design. The...
- With the detachable keyboard snapped into place, the X1 Tablet is only 1.1 kg / 2.4 lbs.
The Lenovo X1 has one of the best keyboards in the game. It has several different port options to suit your needs. It’s geared towards professionals, but the overall performance is uninspiring for the price tag.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes...
- Intel Core i5-7300U 2.6GHz (up to 3.5GHz, 3M Cache) Processor
- 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 256GB M.2 Solid State Drive
- 12.3" FHD Touchscreen Display (1920 x 1280) with Microphone/Camera + Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity
- No Keyboard | Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit)
A great laptop replacement from dell for basic computing. However, the more high-end options are very expensive.
- High res 10 inch PixelSense: Display designed to be viewed, touched, and written on
- Lightest surface yet, starting at 1.15 pounds. Touch: 10 point multi touch
- All day battery life, with upto 9 hours of unplugged power. Ambient light sensor
- Runs Windows 10 Home in S Mode, streamlined for security and superior performance
- Includes multi tasking USB C, fast charging surface connect, and headphone jack. Use it in Laptop, Tablet or Studio Mode
Though it attempts to be a smaller, cheaper Surface Pro, it doesn’t quite live up to expectations. However, it’s a solid, affordable tablet for basic computing and browsing.
Microsoft has been at the lead of the pack with 2-in-1 tablets for many years with their Surface series, and the Surface Pro doesn’t disappoint. For the best overall choice, the Microsoft Surface wins. However, the HP Elite X2 1012 G2 is an excellent choice as well. The professional design of the Elite X2 is sure to appeal to those in the business world. It feels luxurious to the touch and performs incredibly well but with a slightly disappointing battery. Nevertheless, it is an excellent overall choice for its stunning display, port availability and the fact that it comes with a keyboard and stylus. It performs just slightly less than the Surface Pro with matching features, but it is thinner in design. If you’re shopping on a budget, the Acer Switch Alpha 12 or the Microsoft Surface Go will be your best choices.