If you’re a frequent tablet user you may have several tablet accessories, and there are many on the market from keyboards to car mounts. Likely you also understand the importance of tablet stands, or holders. Not having one consigns you to holding up the tablet or looking at it flat on a surface. Most people will find this uncomfortable, and so after purchasing a tablet (or smartphone) will go in search of a great tablet stand that suits their budget and needs.
After hours of research and lots of tablet-angle adjusting, we have decided on the top four stands of 2018. We have done the research necessary to give you a variety of models and price points to choose from.
What kinds of tablet stands are there?
The most common kinds are tabletop stands, stand-alone floor stands, and mounted stands. There are also some stands that can clip onto surfaces and be moved around with a “gooseneck” cord, much like a lamp and there are car mounts for your vehicle.
Where can I buy a tablet stand?
There are plenty of options on Amazon, but you can also get them at many local electronics outlets. Sometimes mobile outlets will carry them, as well. There is also usually the option to buy from the tablet stand maker direct.
How We Reviewed
There is a varied market in tablet stands. Frankly, there are even varied kinds of tablet stands, so we tried to take into consideration different tablet stand setups (table top, stand-alone, floor-mounted) in order to give a well-rounded view of what’s out there on the market.
We also wanted to cater to a variety of different price points. Some people are looking for a quick and easy way to prop up their tablet to the right level; others are looking to make a long-term investment. There are budget-minded tablet holders, and those that are definitely designed to last a lifetime. We tried out both kinds to try and serve the needs of our readers.
We had an eye not just on price, but on value. Whether your budget is small or large, you want a product that will get the job done right and not fall apart on its first or second use. Even for the more budget-minded models here, they are made of quality that far surpasses their price. For the more expensive models, these are picks that we feel are certainly worth your money.
Our Top 4 Tablet Stand Picks
- Extremely lightweight(1.76oz) and pocket-sized(4.05*3.34*0.27in), folds up to a completely flat shape, easily thrown...
- Six fully adjustable slots, easily adjusts stand angle, supporting both vertical and horizontal viewing, displaying...
- Strong and durable ABS and rubber ensures stability, holds devices up to 11 IN.
- Well placed rubber pads for surface protection protects tablet from scratches and sliding.
- Fit for Phone/E-reader/Tablet(6-11 IN), such as iPad Air 4 10.9" 2020, iPad 7th 8th Generation 10.2", iPhone 12 Mini /...
The only downside (or perhaps it’s an upside, depending on your needs) is that it’s a tabletop stand. This means that you won’t really be able to effectively use it in bed. But if you just need something to keep your tablet upright on a desk or table, this is a great bargain at the price. Reviewers love that it holds the tablet at such a nice angle and that it is so affordable.
The Moko can support any device up to 8 inches, which makes it great for both smartphones and tablets. It folds flat so the portability value of the Moko is high. It offers great angle adjustments so you can make it work no matter how the sun is shining or what your preferred degree of comfort is. It comes in seven different color options.
- Compatible with Apple iPad 1, iPad 2, the new iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Touch, Kindle e-Reader and other...
- Extremely portable, fits in any bag or pocket
- Non skid base design keeps the stand secure on flat surfaces
- Distributed by Amazon.com; backed by one-year Amazon Basics warranty
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
This simple tablet stand has a lot going for it in terms of function and design. It’s adjustable for a variety of tablets and smartphones in many different sizes, which makes it a good choice for somebody who needs a holder for a device larger than what the MoKo can handle.
The Amazon Basics holder can be moved to a variety of positions, and thanks to its design, it can handle tablets and phones both in cases and outside of them. It folds down for easy and compact storage. It has anti-scratch pads so your electronics will enjoy protection.
- Expansive compatibility - Slide-adjust holder holds tablets between 6-8 75 inches in width including the new iPad 10...
- Stylish design - The sleek aluminum body folds compact for Easy storage and portability while still offering tremendous...
- Easy install - The stand's unique design accommodates three display modes tabletop wall and under cabinet For wall and...
- Every angle covered - equipped with multiple flexible joints Plus a 360-degree rotating headpiece this stand covers...
- Quick release button - the clever Slide-adjust holder features a quick-release button for resizing and easy tablet...
For those who would like to have a permanent tablet mount in a convenient area, this is a wonderful pick. It easily mounts to a wall or under a cabinet (or wherever you would like to put it), so that you can use your tablet hands-free in the kitchen or any other area. This was designed to help cooks utilize technology better, but we can see this being at home in an office. However, if you don’t want a mounted stand, you can also use it as a tabletop stand, as well.
The CTA Digital stand mounts to the wall or any other flat surface. It comes with all required mounting hardware. It is made of attractive and hard-wearing aluminum.
- Now includes our Pro Clamping Ends. SIT, RECLINE, or LIE IN BED and LEVO will securely hold your tablet or eReader at...
- SUPER STURDY CONSTRUCTION minimizes annoying bouncing while surfing or typing, and protects your valuable device from...
- EXTENDS 24 INCHES to the center of your device. Quickly spins from portrait to landscape so you can view your pages or...
- INTERCHANGEABLE PLATFORMS so you can quickly switch from electronic devices to books and magazines (book platform sold...
- LUSTROUS ANODIZED ALUMINUM finish looks fabulous in your home or office. Gunmetal color with black accents. 3-year...
For those who are looking for high luxury in their tablet stands, the LEVO Deluxe iPad Floor Stand has you covered. This attractive stand stands on the floor with wheels, so it can be easily moved around your house. It allows for easy tablet browsing anywhere, from your favorite chair to your bed.
The LEVO Deluxe iPad Floor Stand is its own independent fixture and can be moved anywhere. The arm has many joints so it can be adjusted in endless angles for best viewing. It’s sturdy and dependable.
(but also can be mounted)
Our Final Thoughts
Due to the amount of variation that goes into tablet stands, it was a challenge to pick just one. Particularly since the price range here and the functionality of the stands differ so much, you may just not have a particular need for a floor stand, or space for it. Or maybe having a tabletop stand won’t work for you since you want to be able to browse your tablet or smartphone with ease in bed.
Overall, our favorite is definitely the LEVO Deluxe iPad Floor Stand. The quality that went into the craftsmanship of this piece cannot be overstated, and it almost looks like a piece of modern art when not being used for its intended purpose. The three-year warranty on it allows us to have confidence that our purchase will last for a long time and likely give us back tons of utility for the price. We also like that it can be easily transported from room to room.
While we like the idea of a mounted stand, if you have a rolling stand you can just take it wherever you want, whether you want to watch Netflix in bed or use your tablet as a cookbook in the kitchen. Having the LEVO makes any tabletop stand redundant. Again, just roll the LEVO over where you want to view your tablet and you’re set.
If you’re just looking for something cheap and reliable, the MoKo can’t be beat for the price. It will do what you need it to do, and since it folds down so small it’s very easy to transport outside of the house, which is one feature that the much-larger LEVO lacks.
Last update on 2021-01-27 at 08:35 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API